Improving Indoor Air Quality in Your Puget Sound Workplace
Often overlooked, clean air in your workplace is just as important as spotless floors and windows. We often think of cleaning for appearance sake, but it’s just as important for the health and safety of your employees. Regular, tracked-in dirt and microscopic contaminants make their way indoors on the bottom of our shoes as residues and particulates too small to see with the naked eye. And then there are those microorganisms like mold and bacteria.
Many people who suffer from asthma or allergies can be highly impacted by poor quality indoor air just as much as if they were outdoors. Poor heating and indoor air systems can increase the amount of allergy triggers such as mold spores, dander, and dust mites. These problems can become even worse during cold weather when there’s usually little or no flow of fresh air coming in which traps pollutants inside and where your employees spend most of their time.
Most workplaces could definitely use the added benefit of hiring a quality commercial cleaning and janitorial service like Cleanstart to help keep their workplace clean and sanitized which will also help improve the air quality.
High-Quality Cleaning and Janitorial Services. Competitively Priced. Fully Insured. Quick Response Times. Contact Us Today for a Free Quote! (253) 921-2593
All people have some health risk when exposed to VOC’s, pollen, dust, dust mites, pet dander, bacteria and mold. According to the National Air Duct Cleaning Association, these pollutants “may be contributing to larger health issues or harboring contaminants that could cause serious problems for people with respiratory health conditions, autoimmune disorders or some environmental allergies.”
FAST – RELIABLE – AFFORDABLE – FREE ESTIMATES – GUARANTEED RESULTS
According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), poor indoor air quality can lead to a range of health effects such as itchy eyes, sinus problems, headaches, dizziness, and asthma attacks in extreme cases. This makes it especially important to ensure good indoor air quality in your office.
Studies show that good indoor air quality in a work setting not only provides a healthier and more comfortable environment for employees, but also helps improve productivity and morale.
Allergens & Dust mites
Dust mites are a common allergy trigger, tiny pests that breed and thrive in dust, in the the fabric of your upholstery, and carpet. According to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA) common allergic reactions caused by dust mites include:
- Itchy skin, nose, mouth, and throat
- Sneezing and Runny nose
- Irritated red and watery eyes
Taking certain steps to improve your workplace air quality like regular cleaning with a reputable cleaning company like Cleanstart will help keep allergy symptoms at bay and avoid flare ups of other respiratory issues, leading to a much healthier work environment for your employees.
Proper cleaning involves the use of microfiber cloths and mops that trap and contain particulate soils rather than recirculate contaminants into the air. An advanced vacuum system with HEPA filtration will contain and remove 99.97% of particulate matter.
Thoroughly dusting and vacuuming from top to bottom will eliminate most unwanted particulates and alleviate problems with airborne allergens.
- Cleaning fabric upholstery – Couches, chairs, drapes, curtains, and any other fabric furniture needs to be cleaned regularly. These items attract allergens and create an easy place for them to hide. Using water as hot as 130 degrees is the most effective way to kill dust mites.
- Cleaning carpets and rugs – Like furniture, it is easy for carpets and rugs to become a breeding ground for dust mites and allergens alike. The easiest way to clean these areas is with routinely vacuuming. However, in order to properly get rid of dust mites it is important that your vacuum has a HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filter, which traps harmful particles and microscopic threats, such as dust mites, and other allergens which can affect indoor air quality.
- Staying vigilant about dust – Dust can start to show up pretty much anywhere. This is especially true in areas with a lot of clutter, on surfaces, under furniture, and also hard to reach places. Cleaning your workplace on a regular schedule helps prevent the accumulation of dust mites.
Filters and Ventilation
Many buildings have AC systems and forced air heating systems. It’s important that filters are changed on a regular basis as they are often in constant use removing impurities. Its important that your regularly check the air filters and change them when needed so they can continue to trap contaminants effectively.
You can also take an extra step by installing HEPA filter air purifiers or by letting some fresh air in if possible.
Preventing Indoor air pollution
One of the best ways to prevent indoor air pollution is to regularly clean your office to remove potential contaminants. Many surfaces and objects in the workplace quickly gather dust and bacteria from consistent daily use. Making sure the space is dusted, cleaned, and disinfected will help create a sanitary working environment.
Hire a professional cleaning company like Cleanstart that provides quality janitorial cleaning services to ensure that your office is cleaned and sanitized effectively, which will help improve your indoor air quality.
Cleanstart Commercial Cleaning & Janitorial Services
For over 20 years, Cleanstart has built it’s reputation on delivering high quality cleaning services at competitive prices. We pride ourselves on making sure that each day your office/workplace is sparkling clean and offer several customized programs to meet the needs of your business.
Our core customer service includes:
- Highly-trained cleaning contractors to service your account
- Monthly Communication
- 24 hour availability for emergencies
- Personal customer service representative assigned to your account
- Cleaners are bonded and insured
- Background checks for all contractors utilized
- As part of our customer services, customers may customize services provided by our contractors to fit their needs.
For over two decades, Cleanstart has been providing high quality janitorial and commercial cleaning services in the greater Puget Sound region. Utilizing state-of-the-art equipment and the latest cleaning technologies, we will keep your place of business clean, safe, and hygienic. Our full-range of services are competitively priced and come with quick response times. Industries we service include but not limited to:
- Office Cleaning / Janitorial
- Healthcare/Medical Facilities
- Manufacturing / Industrial Facilities
- Churches/Religious Facilities
- Country Clubs / Private Clubs
- Fitness Facilities / Gyms
- Graffiti Removal
- Multi-tenant Residential / High-rise Condo Buildings
- Auto Dealerships / Showrooms
- Construction Sites / Post Construction Clean
- Event Venues / Amphitheaters
- Warehouse Facilities
- Port Facilities (TWIC Credentials)
- Airbnb Short Term Rental Unit Cleaning
- Outdoor Events and Festivals
- Attorney-Law Offices
Our professional cleaning staff is properly trained for each industry we serve and we continuously supervise and audit the services we provide.
- We offer over 20 years of experience, setting the industry standard
- We have experience in providing professional cleaning services in a multitude of industries
- We are committed to providing you with the highest quality of clean
- We offer day and night cleaning options to best meet your needs
- We utilize the most efficient cleaning equipment and the highest quality products available
- We have earned a reputation as the best local cleaning company in the Pacific Northwest/Tacoma/Seattle metro area