Graffiti Removal Commercial Cleaning Services – Greater Puget Sound – “Graffiti” is the act of writing, drawing, scribbling, scratching and/or spray painting illicitly on a wall or other surface in a public place. Whether in the form of images, lettering, or tags, it can be an unsightly form of vandalism.
Graffiti sends the signal that nobody cares and can also attract other forms of crime and street delinquency to the neighborhood, decreasing a feeling of safety. Communities with graffiti often see a decline in property values and a loss of business growth and tourism.
Cleaning up graffiti drains tax dollars and funds that could be used for other community improvements, such as parks, roads, and schools. According to the National Association of REALTORS, graffiti can lower property values by as much as 20%.
As a form of vandalism, It’s important that graffiti be removed right away and for good reason. The most effective way to prevent graffiti is to report it and remove it promptly. Studies show that removal within 24 to 48 hours results in a nearly zero rate of re-occurrence.
Grafitti Removal Commercial Cleaning Services Greater Puget Sound. Competitively Priced. Quick Response Times. Contact Us Today for a Free Quote! (253) 921-2593
The Quicker You Remove Graffiti Tags the Better
In addtion to hurting the image of your business and defacing and devaluing your property, graffiti can actually attract even more vandalism and other crimes. Often times, Graffiti can turn into a recurring issue and why it’s crucial that it be removed as soon as possible in order to prevent even more vandalism.
The chance of the same area or building being tagged again is less likely to occur when taggers know their work will be removed immediately. Also, the faster you act on removing graffiti the easier it is to get off. Hire a professional cleaning company like Cleanstart with extensive experience in graffiti removal to get the job done right!
Graffiti Removal Methods
The most commonly used graffiti materials are spray paint and markers and these substances can be tough to get off without shadows and outlines left over. Pressure washing is one of the most effective methods of cleaning off surface graffiti.
Anti-graffiti paint (sacrificial) coating is often used on concrete abutments, overpasses, and underpass bridges, which are constantly being sprayed with aerosol graffiti. This system provides protection of large surface areas at minimal cost, where the tagging can be pressure washed, while taking the paint along with it.
The type of surface that’s been vandalized needs to be taken into account. Whether it’s concrete, stucco, brick, metal, wood, stone, or glass, you want to make sure that no further damage will occur when cleaning it. Pressure washing may not be appropriate for some surfaces or areas and may also not be enough to handle the job alone.
Different cleaning agents that are compatible with the tagged surface may also be required. For hard-to-reach signs, and other out of the way areas, non-sacrificial paint coating provides protection without the need for bulky cleaning equipment. Although non-sacrificial painting is more expensive, graffiti can be wiped off with a solvent or cleaner.
Important Facts About Graffiti
- Graffiti prevention efforts work. The most effective way to prevent graffiti is to remove it promptly. Studies show that removal within 24-48 hours results in a nearly zero rate of occurrence.
- Graffiti is not a “victimless” crime. Everyone – children, parents, business owners, and taxpayers – is hurt by it. When left untouched, graffiti sends the wrong message – that we cannot keep order in our community. This negatively affects property values by as much as 15% and often leads to more serious crimes.
- Graffiti hurts business. Many people associate graffiti with the general decline of an area, even if it is not true. Merchants often lose business because customers feel the neighborhood or shopping area is no longer safe.
- Graffiti is not just a harmless teenage phase. While most graffiti is done by youths whose ages range from pre-teens to early 20s, graffiti vandals are at an increased risk of becoming involved in shoplifting or other criminal activity, drugs, and being injured while “tagging” dangerous locations. They can also be assaulted if they mark over someone else’s “tag.”
- Graffiti is frequently gang-related. While all graffiti may not be caused by gang members, gangs often use graffiti as a form of communication or to threaten other gangs by “marking their territory.” Gang graffiti is the most prevalent type of graffiti and is on the rise in our county.
It is estimated that graffiti vandalism costs taxpayers about 12 billion a year. Its a major problem in urban areas but it can also occur just about anywhere. Many cities have started ‘anti-graffiti programs’ and even fining business if they don’t remove graffiti tags within 78 hours of occurrence.
Graffiti vandalism continues to be a major problem and property owners are left to figure out how to quickly remove it without breaking the bank. Hire a professional cleaning company like Cleanstart with extensive experience in graffiti removal. We offer quick response times and will get the job done right!
Cleanstart Commercial Cleaning Services – Greater Puget Sound
Cleanstart’s core customer service includes:
- Highly-trained cleaning contractors to service your account
- Monthly Communication
- 24 hour availability for emergencies
- Personal customer service representative assigned to your account
- Cleaners are bonded and insured
- Background checks for all contractors utilized
- As part of our customer services, customers may customize services provided by our contractors to fit their needs.
For over two decades, Cleanstart has been providing high quality janitorial and commercial cleaning services in the greater Puget Sound region. Utilizing state-of-the-art equipment and the latest cleaning technologies, we will keep your place of business clean, safe, and hygenic.
Our full-range of services are competitively priced and come with quick response times. Industries we service include but not limited to:
- Graffiti Removal
- Office Cleaning / Janitorial
- Healthcare/Medical Facilities
- Manufacturing / Industrial Facilities
- Churches/Religious Facilities
- Country Clubs / Private Clubs
- Fitness Facilities / Gyms
- Multi-tenant Residential / High-rise Condo Buildings
- Auto Dealerships / Showrooms
- Construction Sites / Post Construction Clean
- Event Venues / Amphitheaters
- Warehouse Facilities
- Port Facilities (TWIC Credentials)
- Airbnb Short Term Rental Unit Cleaning
- Outdoor Events and Festivals
- Attorney-Law Offices
Our professional cleaning staff is properly trained for each industry we serve and we continuously supervise and audit the services we provide.
- We offer over 20 years of experience, setting the industry standard
- We have experience in providing professional cleaning services in a multitude of industries
- We are committed to providing you with the highest quality of clean
- We offer day and night cleaning options to best meet your needs
- We utilize the most efficient cleaning equipment and the highest quality products available
- We have earned a reputation as the best local cleaning company in the Pacific Northwest/Tacoma/Seattle metro area