Cleanstart Commercial Cleaning and Janitorial Services
Everyday interactions in the workplace such as an office, warehouse, manufacturing plant, etc., can easily cause the spread of germs and bacteria for an unhealthy work environment. According to a 2014 study, a virus sample placed on a doorknob and tabletops in an office spread to nearly 60% of the workers and visitors within just 4 hours. Frequently and thoroughly cleaning high-touch surfaces, like door handles, phones, and desks will prevent germs from spreading and causing widespread illness. Hiring a professional cleaning company like Cleanstart is the best way to maintain a healthy work environment, ensure productivity, and keep business operations running smoothly.
The Germiest Places at Work
No employe wants to work in a dirty workplace. According to a 2017 Healthy Hand Washing Survey, 89% of Americans believe the condition of a workplace restroom is one indicator of how a company values its workforce.
- Restrooms could be an entirely separate topic, as one of the germiest places of them all.
- Whether your desk phone is for your own personal use or used by several employees, the handle, buttons, and receiver may hold more than 25,000 germs per square inch.
- Water fountains can hold up to 2.7 million bacteria per square inch, just on the spigot alone.
- Multiple people often use the same keyboard in a workspace, which increases the chance of transferring germs.
- Countless people touch the buttons in building elevators each day, which gives germs a perfect place to accumulate and spread.
Regular cleaning of restrooms and other key areas in the workplace will ensure that hygiene remains at the forefront and doesn’t go unnoticed by employees and visitors.
Cleaning, Sanitizing, and Disinfecting
The three biggest components to eliminating the threat of illness-causing germs and bacteria are regular cleaning, sanitization, and disinfection. Many people don’t know the difference between sanitization and disinfection or think just cleaning will be enough to kill germs. However, there is a difference between them – utilizing all three in a regular cleaning program can change your workplace for the better. Let’s break down the difference between, cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting below:
- Cleaning is the process of using soap or detergent and water along with manual techniques or equipment on surfaces in order to remove dirt, grime, dust, and visible impurities. Sponges, microfiber cloths, dusters, and brushes, and cleaning agents can all be used. Although this type of cleaning is an important first step because it removes germs and lowers their amount, it doesn’t actually kill germs or bacteria. However, getting surfaces really clean lays the foundation for disinfection and sanitization. A lot of disinfectants don’t react well with dirt so it’s very important to thoroughly clean the surfaces you plan on disinfecting.
- Sanitizing is the removal of most germs from surfaces, bringing them down to a safe level. However, it does not kill them. When you sanitize a surface, you are making it safe for contact by using chemical agents that can remove up to 99.9% of bacteria after being applied for a short, specified amount of time. Sanitization is most effective when done on regularly touched surfaces such as desks, tables, countertops, faucets, keyboards, phones, doorknobs, handles, and so on. While sanitization will help keep germ and bacteria count low, it doesn’t completely destroy them which is why the next step of a proper cleaning routine should include disinfection.
- Disinfecting is the process of “killing germs” and it’s an integral part of destroying the pathogens which cause the flu and other viruses and/or diseases. Chemical products known as disinfectants are applied to surfaces to destroy dangerous microorganisms. The disinfectants used should be registered under the EPA (The Environmental Protection Agency) in order to ensure safety and effectiveness. They are often sold highly concentrated to mix with water and form a solution, so it’s extremely important that are used following the correct procedures. Disinfection lowers risks of infections spreading by killing germs on objects and surfaces after they have been cleaned.
Providing a clean and hygienic workplace, from cubicles to common areas to restrooms, is one-way businesses can make a significant positive impact on the health and safety, productivity, and satisfaction of employees. Sick days cost businesses nearly $225.8 billion annually in the U.S. According to the Occupational Health and Safety Online, having an effective cleaning protocol in the workplace can reduce sick days as much as 50%.
With proper cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting protocols in place and supporting employee health, fewer work days are lost to preventable illness. Employees will also be more appreciative of and less distracted by working environments that are clean, resulting in increased morale, productivity, and even higher quality work.
Why You Should Hire Cleanstart
For over two decades, Cleanstart has been providing professional, janitorial and commercial cleaning services in the Pacific Northwest region for a variety of businesses. We use state-of-the-art equipment and the latest cleaning technologies in order to keep your office or facility clean, hygienic, and safe. Our cleaning staff is properly trained for each industry we serve and we continuously supervise and audit the services we provide. At Cleanstart, our full range of high-quality commercial cleaning and janitorial services are competitively priced, fully insured, and come with quick response times.
Industries we service include but are not limited to:
- Office Cleaning / Janitorial
- Healthcare/Medical Facilities
- Manufacturing / Industrial Facilities
- Churches/Religious Facilities
- Country Clubs / Private Clubs
- Fitness Facilities / Gyms
- Multi-tenant Residential / High-rise Condo Buildings
- Auto Dealerships / Showrooms
- Construction Sites / Post Construction Clean
- Event Venues / Amphitheaters
- Warehouse Facilities
- Port Facilities (TWIC Credentials)
- Airbnb Short Term Rental Unit Cleaning
- Outdoor Events and Festivals
From windows to all types of floors to hard-to-reach surfaces to bathrooms to parking lots, our highly-trained cleaning professionals utilize the latest commercial cleaning technologies, products, and equipment available on the market. We offer a wide range of janitorial and commercial cleaning services and plans with scheduling and timing options to accommodate a variety of businesses. We can create a cleaning plan tailored to meet your individual needs, schedule, and highest standards.
- We offer over 20 years of experience, setting the industry standard
- We have experience in providing professional cleaning services for all industries
- We are committed to providing you with the highest quality of clean
- We offer day and night cleaning options available to best meet your needs
- We utilize the most efficient cleaning equipment and the highest quality products available
- We have earned a reputation as the best local cleaning company in the Pacific Northwest/Tacoma/Seattle metro area
Please give Cleanstart a call today at 253-921-2593, send us an email, or fill out the online contact form for additional information about our commercial cleaning and janitorial services and a FREE quote!
We proudly service the following areas, but not limited to Auburn, Bellevue, Bremerton, Factoria, Fife, Gig Harbor, Kent, Lakewood, Olympia, Puyallup, Renton, Seattle, Tacoma, Tukwila, King County, Kitsap County, Pierce County, Thurston County.