A clean workspace is good for business. That being said, most offices/workplaces are breeding grounds for germs. Workplace illness is one of the main causes of inefficiency and loss of productivity. It’s estimated that one person carrying a virus will infect 50% of all equipment and people in their vicinity within 4 hours. And 80% of infections are spread via contaminated surfaces and not through coughing and sneezing.
On average, office workers spend 5 hours and 41 minutes per day sitting at their desks and often share workstations, keyboards and mice, chairs, restrooms and other common areas found to harbor a wide array of microorganisms. A study funded by a grant from the Clorox Company found that surfaces in offices and cubicles had higher bacteria levels than surfaces in common areas like bathrooms and break rooms.
Telephones are the most popular germ home, followed by desks, water fountain handles, microwave door handles and computer keyboards. Surprisingly, toilet seats had the lowest bacteria levels of the 12 surfaces tested in the study.
Cleanstart Commercial cleaning and Janitorial Specialists serving the Greater Puget Sound region for over 25 years. Call today! 253-921-2593
Here are a few more statistics about workplace cleanliness or lack thereof that may surprise you:
- 32% of employees admit to not washing their hands after using the bathroom.
- 30% of employees said they only use water to wash their hands after using the bathroom.
- 26% of people have fecal bacteria on their hands.
- A workspace desk is 100 times less hygienic than the average kitchen table and almost 2 out of three office workers say they eat at their desks.
- The average desk has approximatiely 400 x more bacteria than the average toilet seat.
- One in 5 office workers says that they never clean their desks before eating on it.
- 11% of office workers admit to never wiping down their keyboards.
- 46% say they sanitize their keyboard less than once per month.
You can easily see why it’s critical that your office/workplace be cleaned and sanitized on a regular basis in order to kill harmful bacteria and help stop the spread of germs. A clean and hygienic workplace not only reduces the risk of employees getting sick, but also improves productivity, your business brand/professional image, and your bottom line.
“We do the cleaning, so you can focus on your business”
Cleanstart has been providing high-quality commercial cleaning and janitorial services in the Greater Puget Sound region for over 25 years. Using state-of-the-art equipment and professional-grade cleaning products, we provide our clients with a clean and hygienic work environment. Simply put, “We care about Clean” and it shows in our work, in the ongoing relationships we have with our customers, and our commitment to always delivering on our word.
Our office commercial cleaning and janitorial services include:
General Office Area
- Wipe/spot clean horizontal & vertical surfaces
- Empty all trash/recycled receptacles/smoker’s poles
- Spot clean walls behind garbage cans
- Vacuum all carpeted areas all entry/walk-off mats
- Clean, polish & sanitize drinking fountains
- Clean water coolers & sinks
- Clean entrance/exit glass doors
- Sweep/wash/disinfect all hard floor surfaces
- Police entry & remove debris
- Dust office windowsills
- Spot clean glass
- Dust office/conference room chairs
- Sanitize & disinfect push plates
- Straighten carpet runners
- Damp-mop chair mats as needed
Kitchen / Lunch Room
- Clean & sanitize kitchen tables & countertops
- Wipe down kitchen appliances & cupboards
- Scrub sinks (need to be clear of dishes)
- Empty & clean trash receptacles
- Empty/disinfect sanitary napkin receptacles
- Clean & polish dispensers, mirrors & fixtures
- Clean & disinfect sinks, commodes & urinals
- Empty/disinfect sanitary napkin receptacles
- Spot clean, walls, ledges & baseboards
- Clean & dust tops of partitions
- Restock all paper products & liquid soap
- Sweep & mop floors with microfiber technology
Our highly knowledgeable and trained cleaning staff has the expertise necessary to get the job done right!
Cleanstart Commercial Cleaning & Janitorial Services – Greater Puget Sound
Cleanstart is a trusted commercial cleaning company serving most industries and settings in the greater Puget Sound region for over 25 years. We will create a custom program to accommodate your specific cleaning needs and adhere to industry standards. We provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If for whatever reason, our 5-Star Quality Cleaning Standard is not met, we will make it right by correcting the issue within one business day.
Our high-quality janitorial and commercial cleaning services check all the boxes:
✓ Over 25 years of commercial cleaning experience
✓ Professionally trained janitorial specialists
✓ Committed to the highest quality of clean
✓ Local, licensed, bonded & insured
✓ 24/7 cleaning options & support
✓ Customized cleaning solutions
✓ 100% satisfaction guarantee
✓ OSHA, HIPAA, EPA, CDC, AORN compliant
Request a cleaning service proposal or additional information about our high-quality cleaning services by calling us today at 253-921-2593. Get a Free Quote!
Greater Puget Sound service areas include Auburn, Bellevue, Bremerton, Factoria, Fife, Gig Harbor, Kent, Lakewood, Olympia, Puyallup, Renton, Seattle, Tacoma, Tukwila, King County, Kitsap County, Pierce County, and Thurston County.
5009 Pacific Hwy E unit 17 Fife, WA 98424 • Phone: 253.921.2593 • Email:firstname.lastname@example.org