Expert-Level Cleaning & Disinfecting Services for COVID-19
To reduce the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019 caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus ) outbreak conditions on businesses, workers, customers, and the public, it is imperative for all employers to have a strategic plan in place for COVID-19. Similar to influenza viruses, COVID-19 has the potential to cause extensive outbreaks. For employers who have already planned for influenza pandemics, planning for COVID-19 may involve updating plans to address the specific exposure risks, sources of exposure, routes of transmission, and other unique characteristics of SARS-CoV-2 (i.e., compared to pandemic influenza viruses).
Businesses should maintain regular housekeeping practices, including routine cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces, equipment, and other elements of the work environment. The CDC recommends the usage of (EPA)-approved disinfectants with claims against emerging viral pathogens, which are expected to be effective against SARS-CoV-2 based on data for harder to kill viruses. Manufacturer’s instructions should be followed for use of all cleaning and disinfection products (e.g., concentration, application method and contact time, PPE).
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, stair handrails, elevator buttons, bathroom fixtures, carts, phones, keyboards, tablets, kitchen/food areas, water fountains, shelving/racks, sales counters, fitness equipment, etc.
Expert-Level Cleaning & Disinfecting Services for COVID-19
Call Cleanstart today for more information! 253-921-2593
At Cleanstart, our highly-trained cleaning professionals are uniquely prepared during this unprecedented time to clean and disinfect your facility according to the protocols set forth by the CDC. We have been in the commercial cleaning business for over two decades and have been on the front lines fighting the spread of COVID-19 since the outbreak. (See Cleanstart featured in TIME Magazine Video).
Electrostatic Spray Technology
We use a combination of hand wiping and the use of an electrostatic sprayer to apply a safe, EPA-certified disinfectant solution proven for use against COVID-19 and other viruses. Electrostatic spraying provides uniform coverage – plus, it’s safe for sensitive surfaces (including equipment and electronics). The sprayer emits positively charged particles that “wrap around” surfaces in your facility (which are negatively charged) – reaching impossible corners, crevices, and other hard-to-reach places that are often missed during general cleaning. Electrostatic spray technology is highly effective and the touch-less application means zero cross-contamination.
Symptoms of COVID-19
Infection of COVID-19 can cause illness ranging from mild to severe, and in some cases, it can be fatal. Symptoms typically include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Some people infected with the virus have reported experiencing other non-respiratory symptoms. Others, referred to as asymptomatic cases, have experienced no symptoms at all. According to the CDC, symptoms of COVID-19 may appear in as few as 2 days or as long as 14 days after exposure.
How COVID-19 Spreads
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person, including:
- Between people who are in close contact with one another, within about 6 feet.
- Respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
- It may also be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has SARS-CoV-2 on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes.
Basic COVID-19 Infection Prevention Measures
For most employers, protecting workers will depend on emphasizing basic infection prevention measures. As appropriate, all employers should implement good hygiene and infection control practices, including:
- Promote frequent and thorough hand washing, including by providing workers, customers, and worksite visitors with a place to wash their hands. If soap and running water are not immediately available, provide alcohol-based hand rubs containing at least 60% alcohol.
- Encourage workers to stay home if they are sick.
- Encourage respiratory etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes
- Provide customers and the public with tissues and trash receptacles.
- Employers should explore whether they can establish policies and practices, such as flexible worksites (e.g., telecommuting) and flexible work hours (e.g., staggered shifts), to increase the physical distance among employees and between employees and others if state and local health authorities recommend the use of social distancing strategies.
- Discourage workers from using other workers’ phones, desks, offices, or other work tools and equipment, when possible.
- Maintain regular housekeeping practices, including routine cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces, equipment, and other elements of the work environment. When choosing cleaning chemicals, employers should consult information on the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-approved disinfectant labels with claims against emerging viral pathogens. Products with EPA-approved emerging viral pathogens claims are expected to be effective against SARS-CoV-2 based on data for harder to kill viruses. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for use of all cleaning and disinfection products (e.g., concentration, application method and contact time, PPE).
Additional Guidance, References, and Resources:
- CDC – Hand Hygiene Recommendations
- CDC – Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility
- CDC – COVID-19 Guidance for Small Business
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- OSHA – COVID-19
Cleanstart On The Frontlines Fighting COVID-19 Featured in TIME Magazine
Why Hire Cleanstart
Our cleaning technicians are thoroughly trained in the latest technologies, products, and procedures and follow proper guidelines established by the CDC, EPA, and OSHA. We use CDC approved and EPA-registered disinfectants with a broad-spectrum kill claim and wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and full-face respirator masks. You can count on Cleanstart for high-quality cleaning and disinfecting with every visit – no job is too big or too small.
We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee: If for whatever reason our 5-star quality cleaning standard is not met, we will make it right by correcting the issue within one business day. Daily, weekly, monthly, and even one-time cleaning and disinfecting services, as well as day and night options, are available.
Our high-quality commercial cleaning and advanced disinfecting services tick all the boxes:
✓ Over 25 years in the cleaning industry
✓ Professionally trained janitorial specialists
✓ Committed to the highest quality of clean
✓ Local, licensed, bonded & insured
✓ 24/7 cleaning options & support
✓ Customized cleaning solutions
✓ 100% satisfaction guarantee
✓ OSHA, HIPAA, EPA, CDC, AORN compliant
✓ BBB A+ rating
For more information about our cleaning and disinfecting services for COVID-19, please give us a call at (253) 921-2593 or request a free estimate today. We care about our community and want to help keep your employees and the public healthy and safe.
Where we service in the PNW:
Auburn, Bellevue, Bellingham, Bonney Lake, Bremerton, Factoria, Fife, Gig Harbor, Kent, Lakewood, Olympia, Puyallup, Renton, Seattle, Tacoma, Tukwila, University Place, King County, Kitsap County, Pierce County, and Thurston County.
5009 Pacific Hwy E unit 17 Fife, WA 98424 • Phone: 253.921.2593 • Email: Caleb @ thecleanstart.com