Vacuuming Alone Isn’t Enough to Keep Your Facility’s Carpets Clean
Proper cleaning and maintenance are paramount to the life and appearance of carpet whether you are in a home, office, or commercial facility. Although vacuuming is important for keeping surface dirt off your carpets, deep cleaning takes the process a step further and actually washes the carpet fibers and removes dirt that’s hidden deep down inside your carpeting. Vacuuming at least 1 to 2 times per week is highly recommended for removing surface dirt, however, vacuuming alone isn’t enough to keep your facility’s carpets clean.
Along with regular vacuuming, professional deep cleanings a couple of times a year should be part of every carpet care and maintenance program.
Four simple steps to keep your carpets clean and looking great:
- Vacuum regularly and more frequently in high traffic areas, and everywhere according to a regular vacuuming schedule.
- Clean spots and spills quickly with products that won’t damage the carpet or cause it to re-soil quicker.
- Professionally deep clean your carpets every 12 to 18 months to remove embedded dirt and grime, as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Stop dirt at the door by using mats outside and in, and changing your air filters to reduce airborne dust particles.
Even vacuum cleaners with the most powerful suctioning action will leave behind dust mites, bacteria, dead skin cells, pollen, pet dander, allergens, stains, and odors. That’s why it’s important to have your carpets professionally cleaned a couple of times a year in addition to regular vacuuming. Cleaning your carpet removes dirt/soil that acts like sandpaper which dulls and scratches the fibers resulting in accelerated wear.
The benefits of commercial carpet cleaning
While vacuuming can help remove a lot of the surface dirt, it won’t address the deep-down dirt, spots, stains, or odors no matter how many times you vacuum. Regular deep cleanings will not only extend the life of your carpet, but get rid of deep-down dirt – and make your facility cleaner, healthier, and more attractive to employees and customers alike.
A professional deep cleaning will be able to:
- Remove any dirt, grime, contaminants, and allergens embedded deep within carpet fibers
- Revitalize heavily trafficked areas
- Keep your carpet looking fresh and new
- Prolong the life of your carpet over time
- Improve air quality in your facility
- Retain carpet warranty
The beauty and life of your facility’s carpet depend on the care it receives. Clean, well-maintained carpeting sets a positive first impression and speaks to the overall cleanliness of your facility. Proper cleaning will keep your carpet looking great for its full lifetime, help improve your indoor air quality and keep your carpet warranties intact.
Some areas of your carpet will get a lot more foot traffic than others. What you want to avoid are lanes forming in these high-traffic areas due to large amounts of dirt sitting inside your carpet. Commercial carpet cleaning will remove the dirt that vacuuming alone leaves behind. Additionally, floor mats near the entrances and exits of your facility will help protect your carpet from excess foot traffic and wear and tear.
Spots and stains
Another benefit of commercial carpet cleaning is that it can clean and remove many of the unsightly stains from your carpet. Accidents happen. But the stains from those accidents don’t have to linger on your carpet forever. Whether someone spills their coffee, drops a sandwich, or leaves something that was on the bottom of their shoe, professional commercial carpet cleaning can get deep into the carpet fibers and padding and remove those stains for good.
Indoor air quality
The indoor air quality of your facility is important for everyone, especially those who suffer from allergies or respiratory issues like asthma. Dust and allergens left to linger in your carpets can circulate throughout your facility. Regular commercial carpet maintenance removes these contaminants and helps safeguard the health of your building’s occupants.
Most commercial carpet warranties require that you deep clean your carpets regularly. Cleaning with hot water extraction is recommended for most carpets. Frequency is annual to semi-annually depending upon your building’s foot traffic. Always check your carpeting warranty to assure you are caring for your carpets within the parameters set by the manufacturer.
Most common professional carpet cleaning techniques
The 5 most common professional carpet cleaning techniques are:
- Hot Water Extraction. Otherwise known as steam cleaning, this is the most common professional carpet cleaning technique. Steam cleaning uses hot water at high pressure to penetrate into carpet fibers, breaking down the dirt and bacteria stored deep within.
- Bonnet Cleaning. Bonnet machines are equipped with a spinning pad soaked in a cleaning solution and polish the carpet’s surface, removing dirt and grime. It’s one of the fastest professional carpet cleaning techniques and can make a noticeable difference in carpet appearance.
- Absorbent Compound. More commonly known as dry carpet cleaning, this method uses an absorbent compound that binds to dirt and other substances in your carpet. The compound is given time to separate dirt from the carpet fibers and is vacuumed up with a professional-strength dry vacuum.
- Carpet Shampooing. One of the oldest professional carpet cleaning techniques, carpet shampooing involves a foaming substance that’s applied and worked into the carpet with a brush machine. Wet-vacuuming removes the “shampoo” as well as the dirt attached to it. Then dry vacuuming removes any leftover residue.
- Encapsulation. This method uses synthetic foam detergents that are worked into the carpet with a brush machine. The foam crystallizes into a powder that encapsulates the soil present in the carpet. The powder is then vacuumed up, with the dirt along with it, leaving behind no residue.
While there is a cost to regular commercial carpet maintenance, it is significantly less than having to replace your carpeting prematurely due to improper care. Commercial carpet cleaning can protect your investment, increase health and cleanliness, and enhance the appearance of your facility.
Cleanstart – Commercial carpet cleaning services Puget Sound
No matter the size of your facility, Cleanstart can get your carpets clean and keep them looking like new with a customized carpet cleaning and maintenance program. We provide expert carpet and hard floor care along with a wide range of commercial cleaning and janitorial services, covering a variety of industries:
- Office Cleaning / Janitorial
- Healthcare/Medical Facilities
- Manufacturing / Industrial Facilities
- Churches/Religious Facilities
- Country Clubs / Private Clubs
- Fitness Facilities / Gyms
- Multi-tenant Residential / High-rise Condo Buildings
- Auto Dealerships / Showrooms
- Construction Sites / Post Construction Clean
- Event Venues / Amphitheaters
- Warehouse Facilities
- Port Facilities (TWIC Credentials)
- Airbnb Short Term Rental Unit Cleaning
- Outdoor Events and Festivals
By combining a carefully crafted carpet cleaning and floor care program with top-quality equipment, experienced cleaning technicians, and regular maintenance, we are able to help businesses overcome the challenges of keeping their flooring look its best all year long. We offer daily, weekly, monthly, and after-hour cleaning services as well as emergency cleanings and quick response times.
✓ Over 25 years of experience in the commercial cleaning and janitorial industry
✓ Thoroughly trained and vetted cleaning professionals
✓ Commitment to the highest quality clean
✓ Local, licensed, bonded, and insured
✓ 24/7 cleaning options & support
✓ Quick response times
✓ Customized cleaning solutions
✓ Electrostatic spray disinfection service
✓ One-time and recurring cleaning services
✓ 100% satisfaction guarantee
✓ OSHA, HIPAA, EPA, CDC, AORN compliant
✓ A+ BBB-rating
For more information about our commercial carpet care and total facility cleaning services, please give Cleanstart a call today at (253) 921-2593. Request a free cleaning estimate now!
We proudly service the Puget Sound region in the following areas:
Auburn, Bellevue, Bellingham, Bonney Lake, Bremerton, Factoria, Fife, Gig Harbor, Kent, Lakewood, Olympia, Puyallup, Renton, Seattle, Tacoma, Tukwila, University Place, King County, Kitsap County, Pierce County, and Thurston County.
5013 Pacific Hwy E unit 16 Fife, WA 98424 • Phone: 253.921.2593 • Email: Caleb @ thecleanstart.com