Office Janitorial Services for Coronavirus Transmission Prevention
Office janitorial services that include floor-to-ceiling cleaning, disinfecting and sanitizing play a critical role in protecting your health by helping to prevent the transmission of the coronavirus. Coronavirus (CoV) refers to a family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases. SARS-CoV-2, also known as 2019-nCoV, is a new coronavirus responsible for COVID-19.
In the last couple of months, we have seen the COVID-19 crisis grow into a worldwide emergency with reported illnesses ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness and death. COVID-19 is thought to spread mainly between people in close contact with one another (6 feet) through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
The spread of COVID-19 might be possible even before people show symptoms of the virus such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath, which may appear 2-14 days after exposure. It may also be possible to get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching your own mouth, nose, or eyes.
The Importance of Cleaning & Disinfecting Surfaces in the Office
Cleaning visibly dirty surfaces in the office or workplace followed by disinfection is a best practice measure for the prevention of COVID-19 and other viral respiratory illnesses. It’s estimated that office workers spend approximately 5 hours and 41 minutes per day at their desks and often share workstations, keyboards, chairs, restrooms and other common areas that can harbor a wide array of microorganisms.
A study by a grant from the Clorox Company found that surfaces in offices and cubicles had higher bacteria levels than surfaces in common areas like bathrooms and break rooms. Telephones are the most popular germ home, followed by desks, water fountain handles, microwave door handles and computer keyboards. Surprisingly, toilet seats had the lowest bacteria levels of the 12 surfaces tested in the study.
Below are a few more statistics about workplace cleanliness (or lack thereof) that may surprise you:
- 32% of employees admit to not washing their hands after using the bathroom.
- 30% of employees said they only use water to wash their hands after using the bathroom.
- 26% of people have fecal bacteria on their hands.
- A work space desk is 100 times less hygienic than the average kitchen table and almost 2 out of three office workers say they eat at their desks.
- The average desk has around 400 x more bacteria than the average toilet seat.
- One in 5 office workers says that they never clean their desks before eating on it.
- 11% of office workers admit to never wiping down their keyboards.
- 46% say they sanitize their keyboard less than once per month.
Now more than ever, it’s critical that your office/workplace be routinely cleaned and sanitized to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus. You want to celan and disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, tables, toilets, faucets, sinks, cell phones, computer keyboards, etc. with cleaners and EPA-registered disinfectants that are appropriate for the surface.
Although cleaning alone does not kill germs, by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection. Disinfection is appropriate for frequently touched surfaces and surfaces likely to harbor pathogens. Disinfection after cleaning can further lower the risk of spreading infection. At Cleanstart, we use hospital-grade disinfectants, which we allow to dwell on the surface for up to 10 minutes so that the chemicals kill the virus and bacteria.
Cleanstart featured in TIME Magazine
Cleanstart Office Janitorial Service Plan for Coronavirus Prevention
Does your office or workplace currently have a plan in place for infection control. Prevention and treatment for outbreaks is key to health and safety for your building occupants and customers. This includes infection prevention and control for COVID-19, MRSA, Norovirus, and Influenza.
Ask us to come up with a plan on how we will sanitize your office or facility. We are currently charging about 15 cents to one dollar per square foot. Our highly-trained cleaners have to be protected and wear bio-hazards suits. We spray down all floor-to-ceiling touch-points with hospital-grade disinfectant and let it sit there for at least ten minutes to dry.
Our office janitorial services for Coronavirus transmission prevention include:
General Office Area
- Wipe/spot clean horizontal & vertical surfaces
- Empty all trash/recycled receptacles/smoker’s poles
- Spot clean walls behind garbage cans
- Vacuum all carpeted areas all entry/walk-off mats
- Clean, polish, and sanitize drinking fountains
- Clean and sanitize water coolers & sinks
- Clean entrance/exit glass doors
- Sweep/wash/disinfect all hard floor surfaces
- Dust office windowsills
- Spot clean glass
- Dust office/conference room chairs
- Clean and disinfect push plates
- Damp-mop chair mats as needed
Kitchen / Lunch Room
- Clean & disinfect kitchen tables & countertops
- Wipe down kitchen appliances & cupboards
- Scrub and disinfect sinks
- Empty & clean trash receptacles
- Empty/disinfect sanitary napkin receptacles
- Clean, polish and disinfect dispensers and fixtures
- Clean and disinfect sinks, commodes, and urinals
- Empty/disinfect sanitary napkin receptacles
- Spot clean, walls, ledges & baseboards
- Clean and dust tops of partitions
- Restock all paper products & liquid soap
- Sweep and mop floors with microfiber technology
Our knowledgeable cleaning staff has been thoroughly trained in proper cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting protocols to help prevent the transmission of COVID-19. Request a service proposal for office janitorial services for the prevention of coronavirus transmission by calling the experts at Cleanstart today. 253-921-2593. Request a Free Estimate.
Coronavirus Prevention Recommendations
You can help prevent getting and spreading COVID-19 as well as other respiratory illnesses by following these important steps:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Use 70% alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or shirt sleeve, not your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces, such as office phones, cell phones, computer keyboards, door handles, faucets, etc., especially if someone is sick.
- Stay at home when you are sick.
Avoid close contact with someone that is sick
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a surgical mask.
Every time a person touches their mouth or nose, they transfer bacteria and viruses between their face and their hand. This transfer of germs from one body part to another is a primary way that germs wind up spreading from contaminated surfaces to people’s faces, and from sick people to often-touched surfaces. “There are many opportunities in between hand-washing for people to re-contaminate their hands,” said study researcher Dr. Wladimir Alonso, a global health researcher at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Md.
Cleanstart Office Plan for Coronavirus Infection Control
Cleanstart has been providing high-quality janitorial services in the Greater Puget Sound region for over 25 years. We can create customized cleaning solutions to help minimize the impact of your day-to-day operations and any specific cleaning concerns you may have. We care about clean and it shows in our work, in the ongoing relationships we have with our customers and our commitment to always delivering on our word.
Cleanstart office janitorial services check all the boxes:
✓Over 25 years in the Cleaning Industry
✓Professionally trained janitorial specialists
✓Committed to the highest quality of clean
✓Local, licensed, bonded & insured
✓24/7 cleaning options & support
✓Customized cleaning solutions
✓100% satisfaction guarantee
✓OSHA, HIPAA, EPA, CDC, AORN compliant
Request a service proposal for office janitorial services for the prevention of coronavirus transmission by calling the experts at Cleanstart today. 253-921-2593. Request a Free Estimate.
Cleanstart service areas include Auburn, Bellevue, Bonney Lake, Bellingham, Bremerton, Factoria, Fife, Gig Harbor, Kent, Lakewood, Olympia, Puyallup, Renton, Seattle, Tacoma, Tukwila, University Place, King County, Kitsap County, Pierce County, and Thurston County.
5009 Pacific Hwy E unit 17 Fife, WA 98424 • Phone: 253.921.2593 • Email:firstname.lastname@example.org